We use VMWare Wavefront for monitoring and visualization. We use telegraf agent as metrics collector. As part of Kafka monitoring, we have created alerts for Zookeeper availability. It was working fine initially but stopped working after a Kafka upgrade. We checked telegraf agent and zookeeper logs but could not find anything suspicious.
We checked telegraf zookeeper github repository. It mentioned that it uses zookeeper mntr command to get monitoring data. We hadn’t whitelisted any zookeeper 4lw commands in earlier versions of Kafka too. It turned out that from Zookeeper version 3.5.3 onwards, we need to explicitly whilelist commands. As mntr is disabled by default, telegraf was not able to collect metrics. Issue got resolved after whitelisting mntr command in zookeeper.properties file and restart of zookeeper.
- 2023.05.23rabbitmqRabbitmq Connection Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Invalid ECDH ServerKeyExchange signature
- 2023.03.24rcuSOA Suite 220.127.116.11 installation: Got exception when auto configuring the schema component(s) with data obtained from shadow table
- 2023.03.09rabbitmqNot able to start Rabbitmq Cluster: Cannot declare a queue ‘~s’ on node ‘~s’: ~255p
- 2023.03.084lw commandsTelegraf agent not able to monitor zookeeper